[App_rpt-users] Allstar Node and RC210 Issues

Charles Rader kc5dgc at centurytel.net
Fri May 27 20:59:34 UTC 2011

Monty,

Thank you. The conf file you sent me was a big help. I wished mine conf files was commented like the one you had. That explains a lot. I made the changes you said to make in the rpt.conf. It helped increase my audio and it sounds much better for some reason now. I am still having issues with the link UHF repeater though.
Here is my setup:
RC210 Port 1 UHF Repeater, Port 2 URI (allstar)

URI to RC210 Port2
Pin 1 (PTT) to Pin 7 (RX COS)
Pin 8 (COR DET) to Pin 3 (TX PTT)
Pin 13 (GND) to Pin 9 (GND)
Pin 21 (MIC IN AC) to Pin 4 (TX AUDIO)
Pin 22 (LEFT OUT AC) to Pin 5 (AUDIO INPUT)

RC210 Port 1 and Port 2 Linked
Port 2 setup- Hang Timer=0; Transmitter Enabled; Receiver Enabled; Repeater Mode; DTMF Enabled; Monitor Mix; Access Mode= Carrier

I can Link my Allstar node to an active Allstar Mode and I have great audio repeater on the UHF Repeater. But when I key up to transmit on my UHF repeater I am getting PTT Lights on Port 2 on the controller but I am not getting a keyup or audio on the Allstar node either locally (via iaXrpt) or through Webtransciever. Also I can’t connect or send any commands via the UHF port to Allstar.

Any ideas? I was told that I shouldn’t program port 2 on the RC210 as Repeater mode?

Thanks for all your time and help.