[App_rpt-users] virtual machine.

Stephen - K1LNX k1lnx at k1lnx.net
Sat May 28 10:54:37 UTC 2011

I've attempted it using the ACID distro under KVM, but it failed miserably.
I couldn't get the URI to communicate to the virtual machine, but it may
have been my own error, so YMMV :)

If you try it out and it works let us know as I would still like to consider
virtualizing mine as well....

73
Stephen
K1LNX

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 10:45 PM, Pierre Martel <petem001 at hotmail.com>wrote:

>   Anyone here ever used a virtual machine engine like virtualbox to run a
> node or many node from a computer?
>
> I ask cause at my club repeater we have a computer that is pretty good
> (dual 2.8 ghz cpu with 4 gig ram running windows 7
> and we have some software running on it.
>
> And i really cant switch this computer to linux.
>
> so if I run the acid distro from a virtual machine and link the USB uri to
> that machine (wich is not too simple but doable) I think I would be able to
> run the app_rpt software while keeping the win 7 machine running smooth..
>
> so anyone did that before??

Stephen Brown - ARS K1LNX
Johnson City, TN EM86
http://www.k1lnx.net