[App_rpt-users] Allstar Node and RC210 Issues

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sat May 28 12:15:10 UTC 2011

Sounds like to me that the usbradio.conf file is not configured correctly.

In your case you need to configure the node to use carrier squelch on
receive and no ctcss.
You also need to set the cor input to be "usbinvert" - active low since
its wired to the PTT on the controller.

Hope this info helps you out.

Jon VA3RQ

Here is a copy of one of my usbradio.conf files with the correct settings:

; Open Sound System Console Driver Configuration File
; Modified for a simplex node 2249 VE3XCN
; Modifed MAY 01/09 by VA3RQ

; Set RX boost to 0 for non-URI modified fobs.
; If using URI set to 1

[general]

[usb0]

hdwtype=0        ; Leave this set to 0 for USB sound fobs modified using
             ; the instructions from usbfob.pdf. Use a setting of
             ; 1 is for Dingotel/Sph interfaces.

rxboost=0        ; 0 = 20db attenuator inserted, 1= 20db attenuator removed
             ; Set to 1 for additonal gain if using a low-level receiver
output

rxctcssrelax=1    ; reduce talkoff from radios w/o CTCSS Tx HPF
             ; Do not change this, leave this as a 1

;txctcssdefault=156.7    ; default tx ctcss freq, any frequency permitted
;rxctcssfreqs=156.7        ; rx ctcss freqs in floating point. must be
in table
;txctcssfreqs=156.7        ; tx ctcss freqs, any frequency permitted

carrierfrom=usbinvert    ; no,usb,usbinvert,dsp,vox
             ; no - no carrier detection at all
             ; usb - from the COR line on the modified USB sound fob
             ; usbinvert - from the inverted COR line on the modified
USB sound fob
             ; dsp - from RX noise using dsp techniques
             ; vox - voice activated from RX audio

ctcssfrom=no        ; no,usb,dsp
             ; no - CTCSS decoding, system will be carrier squelch
             ; usb - CTCSS decoding using input from USB FOB
             ; (currently not supported)
             ; dsp - CTCSS decoding using RX audio in DSP.
             ; rxdemod option must be set to flat for this to work.

rxdemod=speaker     ; input type from radio: no,speaker,flat
             ; no - RX audio input not used
             ; flat - Use RX audio from discriminator
             ; speaker - use de-emphasized audio

txprelim=no        ; Audio processing on left output channel: no,yes
             ; no - Audio is not pre-emphasized and limited.
             ; Suitable for use on a microphone input
             ; yes - Audio is pre-emphasized and limited.
             ; Suitable for direct connection to an FM modulator

txtoctype=notone    ; Transmit tone control type: no,phase,notone
             ; no - CTCSS tone encoding with no hang time
             ; phase - encode CTCSS and reverse phase
             ; AKA ("reverse burst") before unkeying TX
             ; notone - encode CTCSS and stop sending tone before
unkeying TX
             ; AKA ("chicken burst")

txmixa=voice        ; Left channel output: no,voice,tone,composite,auxvoice
             ; no - Do not output anything
             ; voice - output voice only
             ; tone - CTCSS tone only
             ; composite - voice and tone
             ; auxvoice - auxiliary voice output at headphone level for
monitoring

txmixb=no        ; Right channel output: no,voice,tone,composite, auxvoice
             ; See txmixa above.

invertptt=0        ; Invert PTT 0 = ground to transmit, 1 = open to transmit
             ; This is the collector lead of the 2n4401 on the modified
             ; usb sound fob.
             ; please refer to the howto for the procedure to do this.

duplex=0        ; 1=Full Duplex, 0= simplex

eeprom=0        ;no eeprom on URI