[App_rpt-users] virtual machine.

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Sat May 28 12:20:45 UTC 2011

On 28/05/2011 7:51 AM, Jim Duuuude wrote:
> Wow... *actually* expecting USB to work on a VM??
>
> As Im sure you found... NFL (Not Likely... the 'F' is silent :-) ).
>
> There just are some things that virtualization is virutally useless for..
> But for some applications, it does have some virtue..

<-- Hi Jim and all;  I have a VM on top of an old Asterisk box (host O/S
is running CENTOS 5.3; Sun Virtual Box as the VM Engine and then XP as a
guest).  I am running a D-STAR client in the XP VM, where I pass a USB
sound fob from the host machine to the VM.

That works.... but.... I do hear some clicking in the audio, which I
have not bothered to investigate - it could be a resource issue or
something else - but the fact that I was able to pass a USB device from
the host machine to the guest VM should provide you with some confidence
to experiment further!

Cheers,

Ramesh.