[App_rpt-users] virtual machine.

Tony Langdon, VK3JED vk3jed at vkradio.com
Sat May 28 21:41:33 UTC 2011

At 09:51 PM 5/28/2011, you wrote:
>Wow... *actually* expecting USB to work on a VM??
>
>As Im sure you found... NFL (Not Likely... the 'F' is silent :-) ).
>
>There just are some things that virtualization is virutally useless for..
>But for some applications, it does have some virtue..

I haven't tried it with Asterisk or on a URI, but I have had VMs
running USB devices before, the most demanding example I can think of
is a Funcube Dongle (SDR front end at 96 kHz sample rate) running
inside a VM, and that worked perfectly.  I can't see why a URI
wouldn't work on the right VM platform.  For the record, I was using
VMware Fusion on a Mac as the VM host.

73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
http://vkradio.com