[App_rpt-users] Planning an Allstar System

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at me.com
Tue Nov 8 00:35:54 UTC 2011

See replies below.

--
Tim

Yes either way. Read the documentation at http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/2 and http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/32

> I want to set up my remote base so you enter a code and your callsign is announced.  Once the remote is configured how the user wants, how do you prevent an unauthorized person from controlling the system?

There is a password capability. See above docs.

> When entering remote base command codes, do you do it in one transmission, or do you press *4+node number, unkey, and then enter command+pound sign. Do you have to enter the pound sign after every command sequence?

I'm pretty sure you can string all the commands together. Try it and let us know.

> The web page for remote base configuration recommends radios to use.  Those radios aren't being manufactured anymore.  What are people using for remote base radios? I would like my remote base to be frequency agile if possible.

Sorry, that's all there is as far a I know.

Courtesy tones are quite versatile and should do what you want. See http://ohnosec.org/drupal/node/96