[App_rpt-users] IAX Register

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Sun Nov 27 14:19:21 UTC 2011

Hi Guys;

Moved one of my boxes to a new site that uses OSPF routing.  The host
has allocated me with a static IP; I have my own Linksys router for
firewall and port forwarding.

Now the problem is that my Allstar nodes are reporting to the Allstar
network with the incorrect IP address.  Since that particular IP address
does not have port 4569 open, my nodes do not show up on the Allstar
status page.

So, I'd like to try and force the IP that gets reported to the Allstar
network.  I was looking at the [general] stanza in the iax.conf file
while looking at this reference:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/view/Asterisk+config+iax.conf

.. but unfortunately, the 'externip' parameter can not be used in the
[general] stanza.  Is there any other way that will allow me to force
the 'external IP'?

When I use iaxRpt from my notebook and spec' the correct IP / hostname,
I can connect without an issue, which confirms that port 4569 is open on
the 'correct' IP address.

Appreciate some help with this one!

Thanks,

Ramesh.