[App_rpt-users] Switch from usbradio to simpleusb - radio tune question

Tony KT9AC kt9ac at ameritech.net
Tue Oct 11 15:37:40 UTC 2011

My node recently was experiencing some issues that I think were caused by a bad remote base sound fob interface (usb1), which locked the repeater in transmit until I could drive out to the site - no command in the world would work nor any audio passed (the repeater itself is attached using a URI on usb0 and always worked well). I have the logs from this looping event:
[Sep 27 16:47:54] ERROR[15044] chan_usbradio.c: Not able to claim the USB device
[Sep 27 16:47:55] WARNING[15006] chan_usbradio.c: Unable to re-open DSP device 0 (usb1): Device or resource busy

I brought the PC back home and updated the code to latest level and decided to switch to simpleUSB since the Micor does all the PL work now. I created the simpleusb.conf file, changed rpt.conf to use it and seem to be back in business as it talks to the URI correctly. When I do a "radio tune" I get a message about "usb not active" and a device string of "-1". Is this anything to worry about, or how can I reset levels using simpleUSB? I want to get the repeater back into service without the remote base for now. The URI has the EEPROM and the simpleusb_tune_usb.conf file has the correct "4-1" for the device string in it.

Thanks,
Tony