[App_rpt-users] Allstar problem

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Wed Oct 19 14:14:20 UTC 2011

This is something that has puzzled me for a while, since sometimes I see
this behavior and other times I don't. I already know that individual
USB devices can be uniquely identified, as demonstrated on my work
computer where each time I plug in a different serial USB device it
creates yet another Com port. I think I'm up to Com 77 after testing
that many devices for work!

But you're saying that the specific USB connector port on the computer
also has a unique identity? That can really hamper operations in some
(many?) cases if so.

At the very least there should be means simply to detect the USB device
and forge ahead regardless of which port it is plugged into.

Bote