[App_rpt-users] Allstar problem

David KE6UPI dshaw at ke6upi.com
Wed Oct 19 20:04:30 UTC 2011

I'm not a USB wiz. I don't see anything wrong with ACID. Just like Window's
and Mac's every time you move or add a USB device it adds a new port. Just
Google "windows 7 release unused com ports." Most software allows you change
the what ports the USB device is on. You can under ACID. Just change the all
the files need to make the change. Remember that ACID is a command line only
OS. So there is no GUI and mouse to click away at. I don't like to edit
files or move the URI's around.  Now to think about it. I have my node up
for two years with the same 2 URI's. I never needed to change or move USB
ports for the URI or edit the files. I guess they made ACID to be a install
and forgot about it after you configure it.

David
KE6UPI