[App_rpt-users] MICOR rejuvenation (was: Price)

TGundo 2003 tgundo2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 13 19:50:32 UTC 2011

I like Caig DeOxit.....but there is some evidence that is does not age well. I recently re-build a Micor that was cleaned about 15 years ago with what was reported to be Caig DeOxit. The pins had a "gunk" buildup that was non-conductive, and I posted about that and got several replies back that they have seen De-Oxit do that over a long period of time. Thats pretty non-scientific research but it's what feedback and expierence I got at the time...

After cleaning all that off the pins (which took some time) I then treated the pins with Stabilant22, which I am told is the only motorola approved pin treatment. You can find it online, its a little pricy but so far has worked well.  A little goes a long way, its mixed with a 99% isoprobyal alcohol (sorry for the spelling).

But I agree whole-heartedly with Bote, clean it, tune it and it will live another 20 years and outperform much of the new stuff, not to mention you can usually find all the replacement parts you need surplus for little or no money.

Tom
W9SRV