[App_rpt-users] Streaming questions

Tony KT9AC kt9ac at ameritech.net
Fri Sep 23 15:57:53 UTC 2011

Thanks Steve, I'll play with these settings. I initially tried 3K as a cutoff but still hear the "artifacts" noise that comes with Allison announcing things (that's how I test quietly). It reminds me of how P25 sounds on the fringe, so its likely something in the conversion to MP3 from RAW or GSM.
I guess for streaming, we don't need a range like what a radio would provide (say 300-3000hz), but perhaps something narrower.
To answer Bote as well, I'm using these standard settings for Lame, and most changes from say 8K to 22.05K make it sound like Chipmunks got into the system. I'm still learning the settings.
I still need to figure out how to get the stream to work at the base URL, not requiring a filename.
Tony