[App_rpt-users] Streaming questions

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Fri Sep 23 20:53:43 UTC 2011

Mine does not sound metallic, but it does sound "fuzzy".

But consider this:

The basic audio in Asterisk is 16 bits x 8000 samples/sec = ~128 kb/sec

the mp3 stream is at 16 kb/sec

That's a lot of compression

If various filters and level adjustments don't help, maybe you could try
streaming at a higher rate.  If you are using a streaming provider service,
he may charge more of course ...

73
Ken