[App_rpt-users] New installation trouble...

Don Hackler donh at sigma.net
Mon Apr 9 08:24:43 UTC 2012

I'm bringing up a new server using the ACID distro.
I don't have any radio or URI hardware attached.
I haven't done any allstar server/node/password configuration...

As soon as the server reboots after the installation is complete, asterisk keeps restarting.

Each time Asterisk fires up, it bombs out with error 1 and tries to restart.
The Asterisk logs complain that Zaptel is configured incorrectly.

/etc/zapata.conf  only has this section in it:

[channels]
signalling=em_txrx
group=9
channel=psuedo

Any ideas?

= = = = =
Also, the password setting function in the installation script doesn't seem to work.
I had to bust in with grub in single user mode and clear the root password to get into the system at all.