[App_rpt-users] Play audio to connected Echolink nodes

K&R Yoksh yokshs at gmail.com
Sat Apr 7 22:41:50 UTC 2012

The Echolink drive-bys are annoying! I discovered a while back that I could
bind my Echolink node to a hub node instead of an RF node. This has a few
advantages:

* Echolink nodes can not cause any RF node to transmit, unless I
specifically link an RF node to the hub node.
* Any RF node on the server can share a single Echolink node for outbound
calls
* Echolink functionality can be utilized on any RF node
* Softphone or Echolink for Android/Iphone can be used on Echolink without
tying up an RF node

I am very happy with the functionality when Echolink is connected to my hub
node. When I began running multiple RF nodes from one server, I was afraid
that I would have to designate one node/band for Echolink operation. I'm
often amazed at the capability of App_rpt!

For now, connecting Echolink nodes hear only "callsign connected to node
2210" and my custom voice ID, but I may change that in the future. I may
record a message telling connecting stations to please remain connected for
a few minutes.. I use a script that sends me a text messages upon
connects/disconnects, and
there is a certain amount of delay between the time an email is sent, and
when I receive the message.

73

Kyle
K0KN