[App_rpt-users] Installing Acid Centos on Asus EEEPC

Eric Guth eric at efratnetworks.com
Mon Apr 9 12:30:51 UTC 2012

Hi All,

I am Eric, WA6IGR/4Z5UG.  On a recent visit to California I found out about Allstar Link and thought it would be a great way to connect to my old friends in California and Colorado from my home in Israel.  I also maintain the two meter repeater in Jerusalem and I would like to and an Allstar node through a UHF link to my Allstar server.   I have the URI and want to install the ACID on a Asus 8" EEEPC.  I had a version of Asterisk on this PC before and it worked great for a couple of years as a small office telephone system.   When I installed the Allstar Acid install, the E0 port would not open.  I found references to the fact that Centos does not install drivers for WAN ports for the Asus product, but they could be added.

Has anyone made an install using the Asus eeepc and would you have an Acid install that includes these drivers?

73,  Eric
WA6IGR/4Z5UG