[App_rpt-users] New Node Install ??????

Jim W7RY w7ry at centurytel.net
Fri Apr 13 05:42:54 UTC 2012

I'm attempting to install a new node. I already have a server set up with my original node which reside on the same PC at the repeater site.

Now I want to simply want to install a new node into a new computer. I applied and was granted a new node number.

Question is, what do you tell the new node when it's loading?  You want a server? I tried that and though I was going to take the server away from the computer that is already my server. Does every node need a separate server? What happens if the server with the node on it goes down? Will the node that I'm trying install still work? I was never asked during the install what node to install. Why?

This is all very confusing and not clearly documented anywhere that I can find.

Thanks!

Signed "starving for documentation"
AKA Jim W7RY