[App_rpt-users] Remote Base Questions

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Thu Apr 19 18:25:42 UTC 2012

Good Afternoon,

I'm relatively new to asterisk and app_rpt and see a lot of uses for
it. I recently started playing around with ACID on an old computer I
have. I have no radio hardware hooked up yet but have been using
iaxrpt and hub nodes to experiment and am learning a lot.

Since I've got my feet wet I'm now planning a project with two nodes,
most likely using a Piconode. One node will be a repeater, the other a
remote base. The plan being to connect the two and control the base
through the repeater. Instead of a remote base node I am thinking of
setting the second as a simplex node. I will be using a Kenwood
TM-V71a as the transceiver and am going to write my own control
scripts for changing channels, data band side, and other settings.
Other than parameter control, which is covered, and login/security,
which I don't need, would there be any other advantages of setting it
as a remote base node? I guess I haven't really seen info on it, but
can another node even connect to a remote base node? That might answer
my question right there.

My second question is for the repeater node. Is there any way to have
two different Rx Active 'states'? One which uses CSQ and only keys the
local node, and the other uses CTCSS to key as usual? The reason I ask
is if the two nodes are connected and you key the repeater to send
DTMF command codes you would also key up the transceiver. I'd also
like to be able to use the repeater locally without transmitting on
the transceiver but keep it connected. I know I could change it to
monitor, but that would still include keying it when sending the
command.

Thanks,

Brett
KQ9N