[App_rpt-users] Remote Base Questions

Matt Roberts n9gmr at me.com
Thu Apr 19 18:48:10 UTC 2012

On Apr 19, 2012, at 2:25 PM, Brett Friermood wrote:

> I guess I haven't really seen info on it, but
> can another node even connect to a remote base node? That might answer
> my question right there.

Yes, a remote base node  can connect to any other node.  You must do it from the other node, however.
Why would you want to write any script for connecting, when you can set up the node as a remote base, and put the standard control information on that node?
When you want to control the node, you do it with the "*4" command from the connected node.  I use my repeater and remote base that way all the time.

Matt Roberts
n9gmr at me.com
Call Sign N9GMR
IRLP 4515