[App_rpt-users] Another remote base question

Corey Dean n3fe at repeater.net
Fri Apr 20 16:13:48 UTC 2012

I have been working on a single channel remote base as well recently.  I am just using a maxtrac that is on a vhf repeater channel as a user.  I may have my configuration wrong because one of the problems I am having is the remote base will not go into transmit until the receive signal on the link radio drops.  I have always understood a remote base to transmit when needed even it was receiving something.  I guess what I am trying to say is I shouldn't need to wait for the link radio's receiver to drop before I start transmitting on another node.

Another thing I notice is, it will transmit the connection announcement out the link radio when I connected to it from another node.  I don't think it should be doing this...

Can someone give me a hint as to what I can look at to see if I have something wrong.  I would put my configuration in this email but I don't have access to it right now.  I have wanted to send this email for about a week now and figured I had better ask now before I forget again.

Corey N3FE