[App_rpt-users] VoIP telephone "wire line remote" for Allstar

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 27 15:26:44 UTC 2012

or maybe MGCP if youre not dislexic like I was there ... :-)

From: telesistant at hotmail.com
To: eric at efratnetworks.com; app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 08:25:17 -0700
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] VoIP telephone "wire line remote" for Allstar

well, if you want a soft key for "assert PTT" and one for "unassert PTT", you could do it easily
by making them make DTMF sequences (*9 and #, actually), and have the dialplan for the SIP
phone invoke app_rpt with the 'P' parameter, the same way the Allstar portal does it.

Dont expect a soft key on a SIP phone to be able to do much else. Regardless of anything else
SIP phones do not give you an 'event' or status for 'both' states of a buffon (such as 'button pressed',
'button released'). You are more likely to get something like this with an MCGP phone, if someone wants
to 1) make chan_mgcp work with whatever phone you may have, and 2) have the 'button events'
change the keying status towards/within app_rpt. Would be a hack job at best.

JIM