[App_rpt-users] Unable to TX

George Zolla gazolla at san.rr.com
Sat Apr 28 15:41:12 UTC 2012

I have a simplex AllStar system that worked perfectly until a couple of days ago. I am using a URI, to a a cable to an Alinco DR135 radio. The AllStar system works fine and audio that is received from AllStar or the antenna works perfectly but when I try to TX from my radio all I can hear is the kurtplunk (there must be a technical term for that) but no audio either to the computer or to the antenna. When I disconnect the radio cable or the URI the radio works fine to the antenna but when I reconnect I have the same symptoms.  I think I changed a setting somewhere but I can't seem to find it in any conf files. My guess is that AllStar is sending a constant audio signal out through the URI that overwhelms the radio and will not let the ALinco radio TX.

One other note - My system is also configured as an Echolink node

I have restarted Asterisk and the server several times with and without the URI attached, If needed I can reinstall but I think troubleshooting will help me learn more. Can anyone help? Thanks for all of your help in advance. I am getting to know my way around the conf files.

George
K6GAZ
AllStar 28403
Echolink 674707