[App_rpt-users] Problem solved

George Zolla gazolla at san.rr.com
Mon Apr 30 17:12:43 UTC 2012

Ken,

I found the problem in the usbradio.conf file. Somehow I set the CTCSS as:

ctcssfrom=usbinvert

usbinvert is not an option. According to the usbradio.conf file in the asterisk-original folder the options are: no, usb or dsp.

ctcssfrom="no" or "usb" works (although usb is not presently supported).

I have reset the usbradio.conf to what originally worked:

carrierfrom =usbinvert
all CTCSS settings are default except as above
No CTCSS in the Alinco or HT
Alinco not in Data mode.

The URI cable instructions were correct (data mode off & usbinvert) except that it said the encode and decode had to be set in the Alinco. It doesn't.

I cannot thank you enough for your help and going the extra mile for the PPS . I kept thinking it was the CTCSS because I could RX from AllStar but couldn't TX to it. I didn't fully understand the usbradio.conf but you pointed to it below:

> You have CTCSS turned on (usbradio.conf) and no PL on your HT – or the wrong tone

I kept me looking for something until I found it.

Have a wonderful day!'

George