[App_rpt-users] Interfacing with a yaesu vx7000 repeater

Bradley Haney kc9gqr at gmail.com
Fri Aug 10 02:05:34 UTC 2012

Hello all.

question when  interfacing with repeater through the acc port.
We currently have it set up for the repeater to do the repeating and the tone.
We the the URI/allstarlink set up  on duplex=1 so we can change the
beep the the roger beep.  I also have it set to linktolink = yes.
Question is when we access the auto patch it appears its only in 1/2
duplex  because it appears when the person is talking on the phone and
has the repeater key'd up  you can't issue a disconnect command.
Example.   for some reason  we lose connectivity to allstarlink
servers for what ever reason   about every 24-48 hours  which makes
the  webtrans not work  .  Normally i just reboot the machine and
everything comes back fine.  I noticed today before i left work our
node wasn't listed again, but figured i would just fix it when i got
home.  On the way home i tried to connect to another allstarlink node
and said connection failed, but  ECHOLINK stations worked fine.  SO i
thought i would call home then right quick on the auto patch.  WHen i
did i got the loud noise of a busy signal, but since the repeater was
keyed up  it would not accept a *0 command or any command to
disconnect the auto patch until i got home and restarted asterisk.
Then of course i had to restart the box and then everything went back
to normal.

First question  does anyone else have a problem of their all-star box
needing rebooted like that  every couple of days?
 2nd  any for the way i have it set up to get full duplex on the auto
patch  so if this happens again we can shut the auto patch.

I am sure everyone is saying   why not let the computer do the
controlling. Which i have no problem doing that, but it appears i
can't stay connected full 24/7  for some reason to the allstarlink
servers and with having to reboot the computer from time to time  i
can't keep the repeater up  100% in that type of configuration.

Any thoughts on the above

node 28079