[App_rpt-users] D700A interface with a URI

Alan Adamson adamson_alan at hotmail.com
Fri Aug 10 03:10:05 UTC 2012

I wanted to play with a URI to do all the ctcss generation, and obviously
audio generation.  SO I selected 9600 baud on the radio, made the
configuration changes so that I was putting audio into the modulator instead
of the microphone.

I set txboost on, the txaudio to composite, and txprelim on.  Then I started
testing using the radio adjustment tool.  But I could never get the audio to
go loud enough to make 3khz dev.

What am I doing wrong?  I'd prefer not having to use the 12v input and the
6db amp, I would think that I should be able to drive the tnc interface pin
and the modulator input when in 9600 baud mode with pleanty from the URI,
but I can't seem too.

Anyone else hooked one up and made it work?

Alan

btw, txboost 0 or 1 made no difference