[App_rpt-users] d-star?

Alan Adamson adamson_alan at hotmail.com
Sun Aug 12 22:41:28 UTC 2012

I know this is probably old hat to most, but I think I have the world's most
connectable allstar server :)..

I've now got a B and C module of D-star (via freestar*) that I can connect
in, my own experimental XRF reflector, I can cross link analog to digital,
etc.  What's most amazing is HOW GOOD IT SOUNDS, when the D-Star audio comes
into the allstar server.

I just decided that I didn't want to do the rptdir thing, so I'm using
chan_dstar and the dextra_client.. And it really sounds good.  I'm
scratching my head as to why this was so frowned on in the beginning of time
(not from the allstar guys, but the d-star guys).

Anyway, I think if I had everything connected up, it's like 2 full duplex
repeaters, a full duplex IRLP connection, and a d-star gateway, but 2
simplex bases, one for d-star one for allstar.. Good think I had a whole
bunch of 25W dummy loads :).

since I got everything working, I just figured I'd share. while it wasn't
brain dead easy, it wasn't too difficult either.

Alan