[App_rpt-users] Asterisk over Amateur Radio Backhaul

Brett Friermood brett.friermood at gmail.com
Wed Dec 5 18:19:36 UTC 2012

I saw the following line in one of Jim Duuude's replies yesterday about the
Raspberry Pi:

>Also, there is some random poopy about the crypto libraries under that
distro, which
>*may* require using Asterisk version 1.6 instead of the "normal" distro"

I might remember seeing something about it before, but judging by that
sentence it seems Asterisk uses encryption in its interconnections. Is this
correct?

How would this factor into using repurposed WLAN equipment under Part 97 as
backhaul for asterisk/app_rpt? Can the system be run without the use of
encryption?

Thanks,
Brett KQ9N