[App_rpt-users] Launching 1st and 2nd Sites

Bob - AF6D bob at af6d.com
Sat Dec 22 19:04:43 UTC 2012

We already have site 1 running a MSF 5000 and site 2 is being prepped for
another MSF 5000. Before deciding to invest in Allstar we tried wiring in a
RC210 controller in exactly the spots a Zetron 39 was, pin for pin. We got a
ringing sound, as if two audio paths. This did not exist when using the
Zetron and is perplexing. Any suggestions on a Motorola MSF 5000 and the
RTCM? One annoyance of the MSF is that without a controller they have no
courtesy tone and we live from one kerchunk to another.

We intend to run our own server. I own a web hosting company and have access
to Internet grade bandwidth. Aside from the server and a RTCM for each
server is there anything else that we will need to buy?

Our current setup has an Arcom RC-210 with a phone patch. As an ECOMM
repeater we don't want to lose the phone patch. Knowing that Asterisks is a
PBX platform can we just install a line card? I already have a POTS line at
my dada center.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Bob