[App_rpt-users] Newbie Setup Continues: Now Showing K7AZ LOGIN:

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sat Dec 22 17:10:56 UTC 2012

Sorry - I have not been following earlier posts on this but I remember there
was discussion about hanging on sendmail last year:

http://ohnosec.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/2012-January/003794.html

but assuming you got past that and you are looking at the login prompt (on a
local console), then just log in as root with the root password.

Once logged on, you can see if asterisk is running with:

service asterisk status

It should come back with something like:

asterisk (pid  22389) is running...

If for some reason it is not running, you can start it with:

service asterisk start

then go to the CLI with:

asterisk -r

73

Ken

PS - the network information is usually in