[App_rpt-users] Courtesy tones enabled / disabled COP command?

Buddy Brannan buddy at brannan.name
Wed Dec 26 15:59:06 UTC 2012

The only rpt.conf is in /etc/asterisk

Macros are a little different. For the sort of thing that Kyle asked about, I do something like this:

First, I have several copies of rpt.conf that are all as much the same as needed, with whatever changes are desirable for whichever mode I want. You could set one up for daytime and another for nighttime and have a cron job set up to swap over at midnight and 7 AM, for instance. Anyway, in my case, I have an rpt.conf.use (for normal use); rpt.conf.net (different courtesy tones for net operation, no tail messages, no voice ID's), and rpt.conf.news (no telemetry delays, no courtesy tones, extremely short tail, morse ID, and no tail message, automagically drops connections to other things and connects to ARNews line).

In each of these, I have a command in the node stanza like this, or similar:

901638=cmd,/etc/asterisk/scripts/netmode

This runs a script that announces a mode change, i.e. "Net mode", "Resuming normal operation", "Stand by for news", whatever, sleeps 3 seconds to allow the announcement to complete, changes a symbolic link from one rpt.conf.something to rpt.conf (you could copy over, but why have two copies of the same file if you don't need to?), and reloads the configuration. Quick and dirty, net mode looks like this, without any failsafes, ugly, and as basic, quick, and dirty as it gets:

#!/bin/bash
asterisk -rx "rpt localplay 2331 netmode"
sleep 3
cp -fs /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf.net /etc/asterisk/rpt.conf
asterisk -rx "rpt reload"
exit 0

So I don't have any file actually named rpt.conf at all. rpt.conf is a symbolic link to some other repeater configuration, whichever mode I happen to be in.

Someone may have a cleaner way to do this, in which case, I'd love to know, but this seems to work.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY