[App_rpt-users] ACID Boot Error Help Request

Scott Weis kb2ear at kb2ear.net
Fri Feb 3 17:02:45 UTC 2012

Try this first..

1.	Boot from CentOS installation disc (for example, CD #1 or DVD).
2.	For CentOS-4 or CentOS-5 type "linux rescue" at the "boot:" prompt.
For CentOS-6 pick "Rescue installed system" from the boot menu.
3.	Mount all filesystems in read-write mode.
4.	Change root to real root ('/') on your hard disk:

5.  # chroot /mnt/sysimage

6.	Re-install bootstrap code (GRUB).

*	If you wish to re-install GRUB to the MBR on a SCSI or SATA disk
(/dev/sda):

o    # grub-install /dev/sda

*	If you wish to re-install GRUB to the PBR of Partition #2 on a SCSI
or SATA disk (/dev/sda2):

o    # grub-install /dev/sda2

*	If you wish to re-install GRUB to the MBR on an IDE disk (/dev/hda):

o    # grub-install /dev/hda