[App_rpt-users] Debugging COS

REDBUTTON_CTRL jrorke at cogeco.ca
Sun Feb 12 16:26:40 UTC 2012

One last thing about the cos input. It has an internal pullup resistor
so it is looking for an "active low" or the pin needs to be grounded to
see activity.
If you have your cos=usbinvert, then it needs to be grounded to see a
receiver active condition.

If you have it set to "usb" then it is normally low (grounded) and then
the input should go to a "float hi"  or "hi Z" to see receiver activity.

You can test this by grounding the pin to see if you are getting a
receive active.

If the signal you are connecting to that pin sources voltage then that
voltage is blocked by the diode. But it when that signal "goes low" does
it ground the signal or just doesn't source any voltage?

This does make a difference. As I said above the important thing is when
your input signal goes low it must ground the cos line through the diode
on the fob.

Jon VA3RQ