[App_rpt-users] RESOLVED: Debugging COS

Jim Whiteside jaydublu2002 at gmail.com
Sun Feb 12 16:45:40 UTC 2012

The original reply from Ken, suggesting problems may be encountered if COS
was set when asterisk starts, or if it stays set for too long seems to have
been at least part of the problem.

I restarted Asterisk rather than just reloading config, and things starting
behaving more as expected - with verbosity set to 7 I'm now seeing
RPT_RXKEYED = 1 every now and again.

Many thanks for all your help - that's another hurdle crossed.

73
Jim M0HPJ

On 12 February 2012 16:14, Jim Whiteside <jaydublu2002 at gmail.com> wrote:

> To answer a previous query - yes I'm pretty confident it's a CM108 - lsusb
> reports "ID 0d8c:013c C-Media Electronics, Inc."
>
> I did also wonder about the other ctcss settings but commenting them out
> and reloading the config makes no difference.
>
> My app_rpt is version 0.287 - as supplied with the AllStar ACID distro.
>
> Jim M0HPJ
>
> > I dont know if this has been fixed in more recent versions, but if you
> > have the ctcss=no then you must comment out these arguments in the
> > usbradio.conf:
>
> > ;txctcssdefault=94.8
> > ;rxctcssfreqs=94.8
> > ;txctcssfreqs=94.8
>
> > If you don't then App-Rpt is still looking for a valid ctcss tone and
> > cor to activate.
>
> > Jon VA3RQ
>

> On 12 February 2012 12:34, Jim Whiteside <jaydublu2002 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> > Assuming COS is connected to the Volume Down pin on the CM108 then how
>> about
>> > plugging the fob into another PC which is not running the Asterisk
>> drivers
>> > and see if the volume control is affected when COS is asserted?
>>
>> > On my PC, if I press volume down, either on the keyboard or on an
>> unmodified
>> > USB sound fob then a volume bar pops up in the centre of the screen.
>>  It's
>> > very visible.
>>
>> > Naturally, there may be a 'correct' way to do this with some sort of
>> built-in
>> > diagnostics...
>>
>> > 73,
>>
>> > Andrew
>> > ZL3AME
>>
>> That's a good plan.
>>
>> So I take an unmodified fob, that does have volume buttons on, and plug
>> it into a PC. 'volume down' button does indeed trigger the windows volume
>> bar. But this fob and button don't do anything on Asterisk.
>>
>> My modified fob - taking pin 48 to gnd also triggers the volume down on
>> Windows, so that suggests it's not hardware?
>>
>> Jim M0HPJ
>>

>> On 12 February 2012 11:45, Jim Whiteside <jaydublu2002 at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I'm still chipping away at modifying a Startech CM108 USB fob - so far I
>>> have successfully got PTT and audio out working, but I'm struggling with
>>> audio in and COS.
>>>
>>> I've been following http://www.qsl.net/k0kn/cm108_mod.html
>>>
>>> Can anyone advise if there's a way to determine from the Asterisk side
>>> if COS is active or not?
>>>
>>> I've even tried manually taking the CM108 pin 48 to 0v and +5v with the
>>> iax.conf below, but I can't seem to make anything 'happen'.
>>>
>>> My theory was, as soon as I have COS triggering Asterisk correctly, then
>>> I can look at getting the audio in working properly.
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> --
>>> Jim Whiteside.
>>> M0HPJ