[App_rpt-users] USB Soundcard Fob - no audio

Jim Whiteside jaydublu2002 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 18:17:36 UTC 2012

So the plot thickens ...

A 'StarTech.com USB to Stereo Audio External Sound Card' turned up,
looking identical to the one identified by Corey.

Documentation says the chipset is 'C-Media CM108AH', and indeed when I
break the case open there's a nice SMT CM108AH with exposed leads that
I can hack if I go that route.

lsusb reports it as 'ID 0d8c:013c C-Media Electronics, Inc.'

But ... still no audio!!!!!

In desperation, I resinstall everything from the ACID disk I got from
allstarlink.org, and lo-and-behold it works! And, all of the other
fobs work too.

Anyone want a USB Soundcard?

Still no idea why it didn't work first time round, but there we go.

Many thanks for all your help,

Jim M0HPJ.