[App_rpt-users] Setup

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Thu Jan 19 01:16:33 UTC 2012

That is a pretty broad question. Can you say what is it you WANT to do?

Your node can probably already be used as a "hub" node. This is a node which
has no Radio hardware associated with it whatsoever.  For that you need to
have port 4569 through the router.  Once you have done that, other nodes and
web transceiver users can connect to your node. I tried just now and it
failed. So I suppose you are missing the router setup.

Have you configured the system? (in your case I suppose simplex node for
half duplex operation). You do that from the "portal" or manually.

The portal has a server "setup wizard" that lets you configure everything
you need.  Have you done that?

After you have done that (and connected your radio) you need to set the
audio levels. See:

https://allstarlink.org/usbradio.html

Then you get your hands on *another* radio (or HT) and talk to your node.
It will accept DTMF commands to read out information on the air or to
connect your  node to some other node. Then you are in business - you  can
work the world from your HT (among other things.)

73

Ken