[App_rpt-users] GPIO fan control

K&R Yoksh yokshs at gmail.com
Thu Jan 26 04:20:47 UTC 2012

Hello all,

I considered doing this on my nodes, but didn't want to have a relay or fan
wear out by cycling on each PTT. I tried using the
connpgm and discpgm in rpt.conf to enable the fan during connections, and
disable afterwards, but it was not very effective.

I'd really like to find a fan control script like what I used on EchoIRLP...
Something that activates by PTT, and keeps the fan going for X seconds
afterwards..

I have multiple GPIO lines available on my parallel port, and still have the
fan control hardware that I built for my EchoIRLP station here. At this
point,
the fan is just running 24 x 7.

Maybe someone can come up with such a script? My bash is pretty crude.

73

Kyle
K0KN