[App_rpt-users] GPIO fan control script now available

K&R Yoksh yokshs at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 02:41:04 UTC 2012

Hello,

I spent some time today modifying the fan control script TXFAN, and am happy
to say that I've managed to
get it working under app_rpt. I'm sure that there is a more elegant way to
accomplish this in software, but
as I mentioned before, I'm no programmer.

For those that are interested, this script is used to control a cooling fan
via GPIO. I am using the parallel port, but I'm sure USB GPIO would also
work. No modifications to node radios is required, and
because the fan is controlled via GPIO, the fan may be manually turned on or
off via DTMF, macro, or
script.

I am currently using this script with 3 RF nodes and a single large fan. Add
the following to the events stanza for any/all of your RF nodes:

touch /etc/asterisk/~pttstate = s|t|RPT_TXKEYED
rm -f /etc/asterisk/~pttstate = s|f|RPT_TXKEYED

The script TXFAN runs in a background process, and will activate the fan
after X seconds of transmitting. The fan will continue to run until X
seconds after transmitting ceases.

The modified TXFAN script can be found at:
http://www.qsl.net/k0kn/txfan

Sample GPIO control scripts are also available:
http://www.qsl.net/k0kn/aux1on
http://www.qsl.net/k0kn/aux1off

73,

Kyle Yoksh