[App_rpt-users] GPIO fan control script now available

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Mon Jan 30 13:36:52 UTC 2012

On 1/29/12 11:34 PM, K&R Yoksh wrote:
>> Thanks for the links and birddogging this.
>
> You're welcome, and thanks for the email.. The group didn't really seem
> to think that my idea was worth pursuing,
> but I did. It's always nice to hear when someone else benefits from it,
> too..

My motto (stolen happily from Lotus Cars founder Colin Chapman):
"Simplify and add lightness".  We (using the pontifical "we") tend to
complicate things (either through an inveterate drive to turn a simple
problem into a complex engineering exercise or 'can't put it down...'
nature)...another cliche is 'inside every complex engineering problem is
a simple solution struggling to get out...'. Sometimes, it is not as
complex, in the final analysis, as it seems.

;)

(And, big props to Jim, Steve, and the rest of the contributors to the
base code who have developed a SIMPLE way to interact with a complex
system...that is the definition of elegant...)

>> (we really need a repository somewhere with people's scripts, etc to
>> share the collective knowledge...and it shouldn't fall on Duuuude or the
>> other folks..)
>
> I agree.. FWIW, I ended up putting a few more on my web page...
> Basically just
> my Random Allstar connect script and Random Echolink connect script.
> They are
> pretty crude, but they work.. I've been using them for a year or two..

I think I've posted my weather and wx alert scripts somewhere...and a
couple are actually using them...;)  Yours is online out here on the
east coast, I know KB2EAR has a repository for the nodename audio
files...we have the start, anyway...

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.