[App_rpt-users] txfan

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Mon Jan 30 01:09:16 UTC 2012

On 1/28/2012 9:41 PM, K&R Yoksh wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I spent some time today modifying the fan control script TXFAN, and am
> happy to say that I've managed to
> get it working under app_rpt. I'm sure that there is a more elegant way
> to accomplish this in software, but
> as I mentioned before, I'm no programmer.

No...but the results are the same...:) In the best traditions of code
hacking, Kyle...;)

Works nice, once I remembered that I had to set gpio1=out0 in the
usbradio.conf file so I could actually control the pin...:)  Key the
radio up...pin goes high after 10 sec...120 seconds after unkey...pin
goes low.  Nice.  Have my 260 on the plug right now...and it goes up and
down as the pin goes high and low...

Now, to build the simple interface circuit on some perf, hook it
up...and start turning my fans on and off...without having to keep them
running all the time.

Thanks for the links and birddogging this.

(we really need a repository somewhere with people's scripts, etc to
share the collective knowledge...and it shouldn't fall on Duuuude or the
other folks..)

Nice job, Kyle.  Scripts are running on the morrisville nodes...and as
soon as I can get to rat shack to pick up the bits and such...have no
doubt that it will work fine...

BB