[App_rpt-users] GPIO fan control script now available

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Mon Jan 30 17:08:55 UTC 2012

On 1/30/12 11:50 AM, Jim Kehler wrote:
> I'm new on the list as of last night. A couple of questions. Where do you
> hide the scripts? And is it OK to post links on the list?

Welcome to the collective.  We're a pentium borg.  You will be
approximated...;)  Seriously, hop on and enjoy the ride.

Hide as in where it is on your system, or where we're all hiding the
juicy stuff we've developed?

The NJPAASTERISK group, of which I'm one of the operators, have
standardized on a scripts directory in the /etc/asterisk hierarchy
(well, most of us have anyway..) to make it easier to backup the
configuration and shorten deployment cycle time.  Others put them in
/etc or /usr/sbin or ???  Guess it goes where you feel it should be.
Just be consistent.

That means that, when you write something, you're pretty sure of where
it should reside, and makes it easier to find 'stuff' that's directly
applicable to your operation.  It also means that, if you glom on to a
script or app that someone else has written, you have to do some editing
to make it work (pretty much standard when using others' works...) in
your operation.

As to the latter question...well, that topic came up yesterday, with no
resolution.  I have a repository for my weather scripts that I
hacked/wrote/modified at http://www.wb0yle.com/weather.htm, Kyle has
some stuff on his site...I'm sure others will chime in (hint, hint...)
if they have anything they'd like to make public...

And, I don't think there is any blanket prohibition against posting links.

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.