[App_rpt-users] getting started trouble

Stephen Liggett steve10000 at comcast.net
Mon Jan 30 18:41:13 UTC 2012

I am transitioning our repeater from IRLP to ALLSTAR and I am having some trouble.

I installed ACID, and it went without any trouble.

With the URI connected, the green light blinks.

I can ping yahoo.com, and I have ports 4569 and 222 forwarded.

As it stands, the node (28325, W3YT) shows up on the web transceiver in green, but nobody seems to be able to connect to it.

nscheck.sh gives an output of Node 1, Node 2 are up, node 3, node 4 are down (whatever that means).

I do not have the repeater connected, but I assume that one should be able to connect to the node, regardless of whether there is anything connected to the URI.

It seems to me that I am missing something here. Can someone get me past this?

steve W3RX trustee for W3YT repeater IRLP 8676 Allstar 28325

PS Minor question, on my node info, I somehow never saw the chance to put in the freq, tone, and description of the repeater. Can that be done now?