[App_rpt-users] getting started trouble

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Mon Jan 30 19:07:13 UTC 2012

On 1/30/12 1:41 PM, Stephen Liggett wrote:
> I am transitioning our repeater from IRLP to ALLSTAR and I am having some trouble.
>
> I installed ACID, and it went without any trouble.

Good.

> With the URI connected, the green light blinks.

That's what it does.  Means asterisk is talking to the hardware.

> I can ping yahoo.com, and I have ports 4569 and 222 forwarded.

Yup.

> As it stands, the node (28325, W3YT) shows up on the web transceiver in green, but nobody seems to be able to connect to it.

Trying now...you are right, though the online nodes show you as active,
and, at this stage, up for 30 minutes.  Don't have time to work thru it,
maybe someone else can check...

Just as a quick one...if you go into (on the allstarlink.org site),
node, node configuration, your call sign, your node number, then select
access settings from the submenu on the page...you'll see a pull down
box for User Access via Web Transceiver...that should be enabled so you
can get in via the web transceiver.

> nscheck.sh gives an output of Node 1, Node 2 are up, node 3, node 4 are down (whatever that means).

The allstar servers are up.

> I do not have the repeater connected, but I assume that one should be able to connect to the node, regardless of whether there is anything connected to the URI.

Should be ok to do so.

> It seems to me that I am missing something here. Can someone get me past this?

Doesn't seem like it.

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.