[App_rpt-users] GPIO fan control script now available

Marshall Oldham ke6pcv at cal-net.org
Mon Jan 30 21:23:06 UTC 2012

>  > So, I will state this question again. Am I missing
> something? Why doesn't anyone want to use  > the official help site?
> <-- Well..... Quite frankly Marshall, I don't give a damn
> where it's located. There was a need and I made an offer.
> Don't bite my head off about it!

Scott,

Sorry, if you miss interpreted my question about using the official help site as biting your head off.
If was not my intent when I asked the question, I just wanted to know why folks where against using the site.

> It seems like if the ohnosec.org/drupal/ site was the place
> to be putting stuff, others would have done it before now.

I gather that there is some type of technical issue that is preventing folks from posting information to this site????
Or is it, that they just do not like the way the information is presented?

>  > After all, isn't this site kind of the "Official" site for support?
> <-- Yep, it's SUPPOSED to be. When I was starting out that
> site left LOTS to be desired, hence why I created the
> allstarnode.com BB site.

If everyone helped add info to the ohnosec.org/drupal/ site, it would soon be MORE desired site and in one place.

>  > Having multiple websites will confuse new users on where
> to get information.
> <-- Google will find GOOD information no matter WHERE it's located.

Yes, I understand that one can Google and find just about anything.
But the point that I was trying to make is, that for a beginner to much information on several websites can be confusing.

Again, I am not trying to get on anyone's case or bite anyone's head off.
Just thought it would be easier for the new folks to have an official place to go to get answers to questions.

73

Marshall - ke6pcv