[App_rpt-users] GPIO fan control script now available

Jim Kehler kh2d at bellsouth.net
Mon Jan 30 21:47:49 UTC 2012

Look at it this way, Marshal. Let's say you get up on Friday morning and
your wife
wants to go out to dinner that night. At 6 PM you find out that every
restaurant
within 500 miles of your house has closed up and gone out of business,
with the
exception of one; Freddy's Diner.

So you have no choice. You have to take the wife to Freddy's. And the
only thing
you'll get to eat at Freddy's is whatever Freddy decides to feed you. If
Freddy
doesn't want you have Apple Pie, you aren't going to get any Apple Pie.
No matter
how much you beg Freddy.....

I've only been playing with this stuff for about a month. I'd never seen
Linux. Some
documentation I found assumed that I was proficient with Linux, which
I'm not. So
banging around in Google finding bits and pieces was a learning
experience; I don't
like to just make something work, I want to know how it works so that if
it breaks,
I can fix it.

Documentation at all levels is a good thing. The more the merrier. As
long as Google
is still in business, it's available to anybody that wants to go find
it. All the scripts
in one place sounds like a terrific idea to me. Hopefully the guys who
wrote them
won't assume I know how to use them when I find them.

That being said, does anybody know where I can find the fan script? My
radio is
hot....

73, Jim KH2D