[App_rpt-users] Radio connection with TDM400P

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Fri Jul 6 12:35:43 UTC 2012

On 7/5/12 11:31 PM, wade wrote:
> Good evening all,
>
> I am just starting out with all this Asterisk stuff and during my
> research I had a question that I couldn't find an answer to. Instead of
> finding and modifying a USB FOB or buying a URI, can I use a TDM400P
> card in the computer with FXS boards installed? Is there anything I
> should know about hook up and computer config. before hand? Schematics,
> drawings, or pictures are always a big help. Any info would be greatly
> appreciated!

Depends on how much time you have to devote.  If your time is worth
$0.00, then you can probably figure out how to make it work or make the
programmatic changes to talk to the board.

Sometimes it's just easier to spend a few dollars and know it's going to
work (not to mention there's a deep pool of knowledge to draw from if
you get stuck...).

Sometimes the intellectual challenge is more satisfying.

In the end, though, only you know what the goal is...:)  As to the
answer to your question...someone may know.

--
Bryan
In this world, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.

Sent from my MacBook Pro.