[App_rpt-users] Dual Mode (DV and FM) systems go-live

Ramesh Dhami (VA3UV) Ramesh at va3uv.com
Sat Jul 7 11:45:51 UTC 2012

Hi All;

After months of development / testing and challenges with my repeater
site <G>, we now have two fully functional / automatic D-STAR compatible
and FM (app_rpt enabled) repeaters on-the-air in the Greater Toronto Area.

The repeaters both use commercial grade FM repeaters.  The
auto-switching between FM and DV is managed by an external multiplexer
that Jon (VA3RQ) and I designed.  In the case of repeaters that have two
audio inputs (TXA and TD), the multiplexer allows for the switching of
audio between these 2 inputs (FM audio into the TXA input and D-STAR
'data' into the TD input).  For repeaters that have only one audio
input, the Multiplexer caters for this case too.

Please contact me off-list for further details.  Just for the record, we
are not selling the Multiplexer, it is an open source project, the
schematic is available, you build it, you get to enjoy it :).

Cheers!

Ramesh.