[App_rpt-users] RTCM question

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 2 04:03:25 UTC 2012

The RTCM requires no ports to be forwarded. If you can "surf" from the internet that
you plug the RTCM into, then you can talk from it too.

JIM WB6NIL

From: adamson_alan at hotmail.com
To: App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 23:58:45 -0400
Subject: [App_rpt-users] RTCM question

RTCM question

Got my RTCM working as I'd like… but had a question…

It will be up at repeater site, one that has its own internet connectivity.  That internet is *NOT* on my lan, it's on the public internet.

I understand that I need to poke a hole in my firewall for the rtcm udp port, but does the repeater site also need a hole poked in its (I'm not 100% sure if it's natted or not, but suspect it is…

The docs just mention the *server* needs, but it suggests that the RTCM does *not* need any specific incoming port access… Figured I'd check with those that may know.

Thanks in advance,

Alan