[App_rpt-users] Thinking out loud

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Sat Jun 9 02:38:39 UTC 2012

On 6/8/2012 10:25 PM, Matt Roberts wrote:
> Will the RTCM work with a mobile WIFI hotspot?

If the hotspot doesn't have an ethernet port, you'll need something like
the Netgear WNCE2001 wireless bridge to get the RTCM to make the hop.

And if your hotspot is not on an unlimited dataplan (as well as being at
least capable of high 3G or pseudo-4G speeds), you will rapidly eat
through your monthly allotment as well as not being entirely pleased
with the audio quality.

I have the above netgear unit on my remoterig for my TS480 setup, and
while it is useable...it's not 100% reliable, certainly not at the same
level you've come to expect (or not, depending on where and what your
current wired service give you) from a hard link.

BB WB0YLE