[App_rpt-users] Allstar hub and Echolink

Ken ke2n at cs.com
Sun Jun 10 11:57:26 UTC 2012

Setting up a hub is easy - you just configure a standard install to use
rxchannel = Zap/pseudo
instead of USB. You don't need any USB config files.

The problem is on the Echolink side. Because of limitations inherent in E/L,
you cannot run two E/L nodes behind the same router. If your friend has two
IP addresses, it would work; but not with a single IP. With two IP's you
would conference the two systems together on the E/L side.

For a single IP, what you need to do is move the radios to the asterisk
system and run the E/L node from there (i.e., all on one PC).  Then it will
work seamlessly.
Of course, that means you need a radio interface that works with
Asterisk....

73/GL
Ken
27021/27061/28204