[App_rpt-users] Allstar hub and Echolink

Tim Sawyer tim.sawyer at me.com
Sun Jun 10 15:31:01 UTC 2012

Every Allstar node can accept multiple connections. A hub in the Allstar world is just node with no radios attached.

When Echolink is installed on Allstar it is attached to an Allstar node. In other words, Echolink connections terminate and originate with the Allstar node. For example, your Allstar node is 28468 and your Echolink 123456. If an Echolink user connects to your Echolink node 123456, the connection will be heard on Allstar node 28468 and any other Allstar or Echolink nodes connected to node 28468.

Echolink is super easy to install on Allstar. It's just one config file with your Echolink user ID and password and a few other details.

As the other poster said, you will have to move Echolink off it's current server and on to Allstar as you can only have one Echolink station behind a single IP address. However you CAN still use a Windows, iPhone or Android Echolink client   behind that same IP address when using a Echolink proxy. iPhone and (I believe) Android use a proxy automatically. With Windows you have to select a proxy every time you start the client.
--
Tim
:wq